If your business or brand is struggling to really develop a digital strategy online and you really could do with talking to someone, then drop me a line. I work with a small number of businesses and individuals each year on a one to one consultancy basis.
The two main areas of client work I’m taking on currently are helping with digital marketing strategies, writing features for publication and producing short films. However, I am always up for a challenge, so if there’s a project you think we might work on together, drop me a line.
You have questions, right? Lots of them. This calls for a FAQ. Here’s what you may be thinking and what you might need to know:
- You’re not too late beginning digital marketing – You may think you have been a bit slow in coming to the realisation that you really need to get a grip with this while intangible digital marketing thing. Don’t worry, it’s not too late.
- You don’t understand any of it – well, stop and think about it. If you understood it, you would not even be reading this, you’d be doing it. If it all just makes your head hurt, you struggle with these concepts, perhaps even hate online, then don’t worry. That’s the whole point of calling me.
- This is going to be expensive – that’s relative. Contrary to popular belief, digital isn’t free. You can’t get that young lad ‘who knows about computers and is on Facebook’ to even begin to make a dent in this. In fact, it’s downright scary to watch from a distance. So, it’s not free. It’s not cheap. However, whether it’s ‘expensive’ is relative. A first chat and telephone / Skype call is free. We can cover a lot of ground and work out if we get along from there.
- So Neill, you absolutely don’t believe in print advertising then? Actually, yes I do, in the right circumstances. However, far too often, I see clients who know deep down inside that those print ads aren’t working, yet they cling to the comfort blanket and false reassurance of, “Well, we’ve spent £4k on print this month, surely something must happen?” Using that print spend decision as a reason to say that your job is done and absolve yourself from the outcome isn’t a good idea. Meanwhile, you’re an advert tele-sales marketer’s dream.
- OK, so come on then. Roughly how much, Neill? – It’s not possible to answer without knowing more. However, to cut right to it, for a complete strategy development review, an overhaul of your social media channels, a website copy re-write, an overhaul of your email broadcast list and content – what you don’t have an email list? OK, that’s job No 1 then – and some coaching with your team, expect to budget for around £4000. That’s not a website design, that a review and creation of the actual words, intent and tone of where you are and roadmap to take you to where you want to be. However, I am negotiable – note to self, I shouldn’t have said that – and sometimes a cool project comes along that I want to be involved in. If you’d like me to work with you and your team in an ongoing basis, that can be discussed too.
- I just don’t have that kind of budget, so now what do I do? – I’m working on this one. The global issues of 2020 hit everyone very hard. And for many brands, especially in the museum, arts, culture, heritage, tourism areas, their entire world simply stopped. I also realised that many of those who needed my help the most probably didn’t have a budget for it. So I am working on developing training that you can work on yourself, at your own pace, yet still with involvement from me. The plan is to level the playing field a little and help some of those smaller organisations to punch above their weight. You can read more here and sign up for the first email series and join the waiting list.
- This is really urgent – I need it work work right now, this week – well that’s a tough one. It’s all dependent on where you are in the scheme of things and what the objective is. That means making that first call together. Very often there are some things that we can do that can work quickly, however if you have read about my philosophies of selling and marketing things in the right way, you will see that a quick pay per click budget, some flashy graphics, click bait headlines and those irritating false scarcity offers aren’t my thing. And they’re not your customer’s thing either, I guarantee it. However, if it’s urgent, make that call, tell me why and how it’s urgent and we can go from there.
- You’re living where? How does that work? – Well, if we’ve learned anything in 2020, we’ve learned that we can communicate directly with one another globally in ways that we perhaps didn’t realise. My geographical location is UK / Europe, however I have a Mac, an internet connection and we’re wearing shades… Sorry, that was the Blues Brothers, wasn’t it?
- Do you really swear like you warned in your bio? Shit, no I hope not. Well, maybe a little. I try not to, however when there’s something I am passionate about – and helping businesses and people be more successful online while cutting through the bullshit is a passion – then the odd word squeaks out. I’m working on it.
If you think we will be a good fit, then scroll a little further and drop me a line using that contact form just down there.
Hey, better still, call me. You’d be amazing at how much ground we can cover using a simple phone or Skype call. UK time (44)07812 766760